Lace up your hiking boots for the next in Lonely Planet’s highly successful Epic Hikes series, this time exploring 50 of the Americas’ most rewarding treks and trails. From Canada's longest hut-to-hut hike, the Sunshine Coast Trail, to a descent through Havasu Canyon in the USA, and the Santa Cruz Trail of northern Peru, we cover a huge variety of themes and experiences across routes that range from one-day walks to multi-day treks.
Each of the featured hikes includes:
- First-person accounts from writers who have completed the hike
- Challenge level grading: easy / harder / epic
- Inspirational photography, maps and practical information to follow in the writer’s footsteps
- Orientation toolkit: when is the best time of year to hike, how to get there, special equipment required
- Expert travel advice: where to stay, recommended tours, the best places to eat
- Suggestions for similar hikes